Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Herbed-Swirl Rolls

This is the third Thanksgiving I've made these rolls.  And every year I forget how good they are!  I have no idea why i don't make them more often!!

I made 3 dozen this year, but only 30 will be making it to Thanksgiving dinner...my husband and I may have eaten a few "for lunch!"














Herbed-Swirl Rolls:
1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
3 TBS butter, melted
2 TBS minced chives (I've also used green onions)
2 TBS dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 egg
2 TBS water
Sesame and/or poppy seeds

- On floured surface, roll dough into ~14" x 12" rectangle.  Brush with butter.  Sprinkle with chive, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.

- Roll up jelly roll style, starting with the long side.  Pinch seam to seal.  Cut into 12 in slices (I like to cut in half, then cut each half in half.  You now have 4 sections...then just cut each section into thirds...ta-da!)

- Place cut side down (or up) in greased muffin cups.  Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.  (Mine don't usually looked doubled...sometimes I just wait until they get puffy and are squishy to touch)

- Whisk egg and water together and brush over tops.  Sprinkle with seeds.

- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from pan to wire rack (or cutting board) to cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment