Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

Super Moon Lunar Eclipse: 27 Sept 2015

So I finally got around to compiling my pictures from the Lunar Eclipse waay back in September.  

It was cloudy all evening and I wasn't sure we would be able to see anything, but around 8:45 there were some cloud breaks and the moon could be seen peeking through.  Then just as the eclipse was starting, the clouds cleared so I could get these pictures :)


This is actually the page I made for our family yearbook which I ordered earlier this week.  Yay!  Now I have time to do other things :)

This is what Space.com had to say about the event:
"The moon passed through Earth's shadow on Sunday, Sept 27, in a dazzling total lunar eclipse during a "supermoon."  Supermoons occur when the moon reaches its full phase at or near its closes approach to Earth and appears abnormally large and brights as a result.  The Sept 27th event is quite special; the last supermoon eclipse occurred in 1982, and the next won't take place until 2033."

Pretty cool, huh?  




No comments:

Post a Comment