Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

"Accomplishments" as a new mom

I was very determined to finish my toilet paper roll holder the same night I started it.  I told my husband I needed to "accomplish" something for the day, so I didn't feel like my life was a giant waste of time.  Being a new mom, I don't have as much time as I used to...not nearly enough time as I want.  Raising a child takes a lot!  Sometimes the dishes don't get put away, the laundry waits a few more days.  I won't mention what goes on with the trash!  Don't get me wrong, I have time to do all these things while she's napping, but I sometimes lose track of time on pinterest or facebook!  or, I simply don't want to put the dishes away because I'm afraid she'll wake up after taking 2 hours to fall asleep!

Anyway.  I like to make lists.  I like to cross things off the list.  Even if "take a shower" and "brush teeth" are the only two things that get crossed off the list.  I like to feel like I've accomplished something.  That toilet paper holder was on the list and I really wanted to cross it off!

When I got up in the morning, my husband had written this on the bathroom mirror (yes, we leave each other notes in dry erase marker on the mirror!):


This is THE sweetest and nicest thing anyone has said to me in a REEAALLY long time.

So glad I decided to make that guy my husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment