Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ruffled Heart Tee - Just in time for Valentine's Day

I procrastinate.  It's what I do.  Christmas presents get mailed off in time for Valentine's Day.  No surprise.  Not to my friends anyway.

Not this time!

I found this on pinterest and decided to make one for my friend's nearly two year old daughter.  I LOVE it :)











Was pretty easy.  Used some new knit fabric (need less than $1 worth of fabric) because I didn't have any pink or red t-shirts to cut up, and a $3 wal-mart shirt.  I like how the edges of this shirt are ruffle-y!  I cranked the tension up on my machine b/c I like the how the ruffles are all the same size compared to the other method (pull your own ruffles from long tail threads).

I'm happy with how it turned out, and I'm going to make my own daughter one for next year - she's not into tshirts yet.  She's still wearing onesies and footed pajamas 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment