Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Art Journalling: Mermaids and Under the Sea

Another day, another swap :)  Not much to say about this one.  I had to start a new journal (which was my first venture into coptic stitch binding - Sea Lemon has a great tutorial on youtube).  It came out ok, not the greatest work ever, but it'll hold up :)


I really like this spread.  I'm still "stealing" other peoples art, but at least I'm mixing it up a bit, changing a bit here and adding something different over there.  Ha.  Maybe soon I'll be inspired to draw something all my own!  

I don't know why the left side scanned blurry...I don't like the green seaweed and the wave above it was my attempt at coloring the background.  ek.  so that's when the whole background got colored in three shades of blue and blended...my blending pencil doesn't work so great with my colored pencils (crayolas from my teen years) but until I invest in something fancier, I'll use what I have :)  

Even with all the i-don't-like-this parts of spread, overall I do like it, and that's what really matters, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment