Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ribbon Sculpture Hair Accessories: Ariel, the Little Mermaid

I guess the thing to do when you have a little girl, is to put lots of bows and ribbons in her hair?  I'm not a girl-y girl, and honestly, my munchkin has never really let me put that kind of stuff in her hair, until recently.  

do you like my model?!
For a friends bday party, I decided to try my hand at Ribbon Sculpture.  Every holiday, animal, cartoon character - it seems someone out there has made it out of ribbons.  Just look on Pinterest!


A few months back, I found a tutorial for many of the Disney Princesses.  So in addition to an Arial coloring book and some Princess temp tattoos, I made a hair clip and a headband.


I had all the ribbon on hand, and all I had to purchase was some headbands and alligator clips.


Once I figured out what I was doing, the whole process was pretty easy.  I think I got country Ariel done in 30 minutes or so :)

I'm definitely going to try making the other princesses and some Christmas ones, too!  Update:  Check out the other princess here!

Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment