Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ribbon Sculpture Hair Accessories: Disney Princesses

These took WAAY more time than I thought they would.  From the planning stages (do i have all the right color ribbon) to mastering how to melt the edges properly (straight or curved).


When I did the Ariel, the mermaid, and Country Ariel in the last post, I mentioned the tutorial that I "followed".  I'll admit that I wasn't crazy about a lot of her princesses...so I went to etsy and find a princess that I liked and went from there!


Once you get the hang of the lengths for the body, head, arms etc. it's not that hard!


I made all of these princesses so they could be hair clips (as seen in previous post) or clipped to a head band.  


I thought it would be nice to have some variety.


Here is Rapunzel.  


And Snow White.   One of the tutorials had some pretty fancy sleeves, but, it seemed like more work than it was worth, so I opted for these simpler ones.


and Tinker Bell


Pocahontas, don't you just love the fringe?!


Here's Cinderella...took me a couple minutes to figure out how to make her dress pouf.  (you glue the ends together in a circle so it looks a bit like a bracelet instead of folding them in half.)


Here's Beauty again.  I didn't have skinny green for the rose, so I used black.  Ha.


And my favorite, but the most difficult to figure out her tail and hair (and that's after having made one already!):  Ariel.


btw:  if i were doing this project again, i would totally get the wood burning tool.


I cut two slices in the background print and threaded ribbon through so that each princess could be clipped to the poster.  I laminated it (using clear magic cover - clear contact paper found near shelf liners at stores like walmart and target).


I found the background here.








No comments:

Post a Comment