Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cow Towel

So for Christmas, I made 3 cow towels to go with a sort of Farm Theme.  While towels are fun to make, dealing with the fuzz from cut towel material is NOT fun.  I tried to mitigate the fuzzies but using iron-on stuff, but the material is so textured that it didn't do anything.  


Crazy Little Projects has a whole bunch of towel tutorials posted on her website.


A cow is not one of them, but I found this great looking cow towel on etsy, not that I was going to pay $39 for a hooded towel.


I got my towels from Kohl's and JCPenny Black Friday sales, but couldn't find a black towel and ended up at Target.  They have the best ones, in my opinion, for the hooded part.  There's no decorative edge a couple inches in from the seam, and you can make your hood whatever size you want without that part getting in the way.  (If you go look at a hand towel, you'll see what I'm talking about!) 

My munchkin LOVES her cow towel, and I really should make her a couple more hooded towels before summer and pool season is in full swing!


No comments:

Post a Comment