Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hans Solo and Chewbacca Shoes

Last year, for Christmas, I made my brother-in-law a pair of Darth Vader Shoes.  (See the post here) To say he loved them and wore them until they fell off his feet would be an understatement.  


This year, I went with Hans and Chewy.  


 It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do, but a quick search of etsy and you can find several sellers with the design I went with.



I think he likes having something that is not commercialized where someone else can go out and get the same thing!


I like very crisp lines (for the belt buckles, shirt, vest etc).  So I cut the design out of paper, and used spray adhesive to stick it to the shoe.  


Then I just painted around the paper.  Not only does the paper let you see the proportions on your shoe, it acts like painters tape!


Just in case you forget where the characters are from, Star Wars is on the back of the shoe.  Along with my tiny initials (which I'm sure have worn off since Christmas 4 months ago!)


I'm thinking next year, I'll do R2D2 and C3PO.  Hope Hans and Chewy can make it that long :)





No comments:

Post a Comment