Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

DIY Christmas: R2D2 and C3PO shoes

I think this may be the last year the brother-in-law gets Star Wars shoes as his Christmas present.  
I didn't really get a lot of joy out of creating these shoes and I'm not sure if it is b/c I was totally lacking the holiday spirit this year, or if the novelty of shoes has worn off...


And I'll be honest here, the major reason these shoes were made was b/c last year I couldn't decide between white and black so I got both.  Turns out (because of bonus points and coupons) one pair was free.  And I was too lazy to return free shoes.


I used gold paint (so it's a little shimmery) for C3PO, but needed about 6 coats to cover the black.  The shoes were pretty firm after that!  I drew on the face with a black sharpie, but wasn't happy with the coverage, so I went back over it with black paint.  I think his mouth is a little wide...


Like C3PO, R2D2 needed several coats, but because I used white fabric paint it was only 3 coats.  The grey parts are silver so they are shimmery.  Like my previous Star Wars themed shoes (here and here), I used stencils to get straight lines...


Overall I'm happy with the shoes, but Star Wars themed shoes have run their course and this is most likely the last pair.  Unless I hear demands for another pair from the brother-in-law, that is :)

Happy Creating!



No comments:

Post a Comment