Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Mantle



So the only thing i have on my mantle so far is this Halloween Banner that I finished up the other night.  I have more ideas, but they take time.  Especially with a 14 month old running around!

I got the idea from The House of Smiths, but I instead of letters, I wanted to use these silhouettes that I had cut out for a different project (these were the pieces I'm NOT using).  Hopefully that project will get finished BEFORE Halloween!

She used brown packing paper, but her's looks thicker.  Mine was ACTUAL packing paper from the move ;)  She also hung hers from the top using twine.  I tried hole punching on the sides and i DON'T recommend...some of my accordian folds are stretched out and I had to use A LOT of tape!

To attach the silhouettes to the accordian folds, I first tried white glue.  Not enough surface area.  Then I tried spray adhesive and I thought I was good.  But the morning after I hung this up, a couple trick or treaters were on the floor :(  so i just used tape on the back and everything seems to be holding up well.

Here's some close-ups:


Well, I guess I'll have to start working on the top of the mantle...cuz my banner is going to be lonely.  I want to do this, this, this and this.  hahaha.  wishful thinking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment