Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Pin-teresting Friday! Vinegar/Dish Soap Tub Cleaner

So this is ALL over pinterest...

1 part warm vinegar mixed with 1 part blue dawn dish soap sprayed (or spread) over the bottom of your tub WILL clean it with NO scrubbing.

'Tis true.  I'm totally lazy and hate, let me repeat: HATE cleaning the tub.  At least in this house we have a walk in shower, so I don't have to lean over the tub to clean the shower stall.

But I'm still lazy.  And THIS WORKS.  I've been using this method for a couple of months now, but instead of a spray bottle I've been spreading it around the tub.  Today I tried it in the spray bottle and used so much less - although my spray bottle doesn't spray well :(

Anyway.  I warmed 1/2 c. vinegar in the microwave for 1 min (warming the vinegar helps it mix with the soap).  Then added 1/2 cup of blue dawn dish soap (I'm pretty sure this is THE ONE that works.  Something special about Blue Dawn.  Plus, it contains no phosphates and it's gentle enough to clean oil covered wildlife!).  Swirled until they were mixed.  Poured into a spray bottle.  Sprayed the tub.  So it was WET.  Then let it sit until I remembered about it.  About 3 hours.  Used a sponge and wiped.  NO SCRUBBING.  Then rinsed the tub out and it was spick and span.

So Easy.

Just like the website boasts, there was a line down my tub (granted my line was from where I didn't spread the mixture...)

Go.  Try It.  NOW!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment