Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Halloween Pillows

I'm not much of a decorator.  I can do stuff...but I'm really good at copying other people's stuff and that makes decorating pretty hard.  I mean, the chances of finding a space identical to your own?  HA.

Surfing Pinterest the other day led me to this post by Restless Risa.  I instantly fell in love and wanted them for myself.

Pillow #1:  A quick google search led me to several of the witch silhouette (if this image personally belongs to someone, i'm sorry;  i didn't buy it.  I found it on several different sites AND a couple etsy stores).  I used my silhouette program to add the crow and freezer paper stenciled it on (never tried freezer paper stenciling? use this tutorial).  Pretty easy.  The black and white damask was 40% off at JoAnn Fabrics.  Those white flecks all over the witch?  I tried to use glitter...didn't stick all that well.

Pillow #2:  I really wanted to try my hand at printing directly on fabric with my printer.  It was as easy as using spray adhesive to attach my fabric to card stock, trimming it to size and printing!  I was too cheap to buy fringe, so i made my own. I sewed 3/4" wide black around the words and then using a needle, i pulled the long threads out.  It took FOREVER, but once i started, i couldn't stop :)  Thankfully, i cut a pretty straight line and it was mostly even.  I used scissors to even it up.




So I haven't even finished unpacking all the moving boxes, but I did find two pillow forms in a box and I just couldn't help myself.  After living in temporary corporate housing for more than 3 months, I needed to get my craft on!

don't judge my lack of ironing...we JUST moved in and I still don't know where the iron is!
I LOVE them!

No comments:

Post a Comment