Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

DIY Christmas: Bleach Pen Shirts

Well, I've wanted to try my hand at those bleach pen shirts I've seen all over Pinterest...Here are the results:


This one was SUPER easy.  I found a Hunger Games silhouette on Google Images and cut it out of card stock using my Silhouette :) and used spray adhesive to temporarily attach it to the tee.  Have I ever mentioned my LOVE of spray adhesive?


I put ~ 2:1 bleach:water solution in a small spray bottle (i used an emptied mini spray from bath and body works) and lightly sprayed the tee.  FYI:  bleach will peel paint off of your garage floor - either cover up the floor or do it outside!!  The color changed immediately.  Once the color faded the way I liked, I peeled the card stock off (you'll be getting bleach on your hands unless you wear gloves!) and rinsed the shirt under the kitchen sink.  I recommend rinsing 4 or 5 times.


 For this one, I bought myself a Clorox Bleach Pen for Whites with two tips.  I used the fine tip to draw on the tee.  I'm glad a did a practice squeeze beforehand b/c the first bit came out as a glob!  Other than that, the pen flow was good and steady with few air bubbles.  It was easy to hold. 


I let the gel dry completely, about 10 minutes, so that the bleached spots would turn completely white - unlike the above shirt that just went pink.  Then I rinsed it off in the sink.  Again, 4 - 5 times to make sure that no bleach gel was left on the shoulder or anything.  Then I tossed them both in the wash with a full load.  

I got both shirts from Kohl's for $5, but you could easily do this will old stained tee's.  Have fun!!







No comments:

Post a Comment