Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

DIY Christmas: Handprint Ornaments

another craft item from pinterest...I made 3 of these last year, but only completely finished one.  got the front done on the second one, and did absolutely nothing with the third. This one went to Granny!


I made my own porcelain.  I believe it was a cooked cornstarch recipe...I tried some other recipes but they didn't hold a handprint well and had way too many cracks to be useful.  See below for recipe I used.

I used a ultra thin black sharpie to outline the snowmen, then totally copied mommymucho and decorated the snowmen with acrylics.  I'm crafty, but not creative! 


I found this poem on the internet (sorry, don't know where!) and printed it to fit the back of my ornament.  Applied shiny mod podge all over, added a ribbon, and wrapped it up!

Now I just need to finish the other two FROM LAST YEAR and work on one for this year.  Which one should be 2012?

source






Recipe:

1 c. baking soda 
1/2 c. cornstarch
3/8 c. water. 
Heat, stirring constantly until too thick. Cool 15 min or until you can handle it! roll out & cut w/cookie cutter. Let dry 1 - 2 days. Save a bit of dough (tightly wrapped in saran wrap) to fill in cracks before painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment