Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Dolphin Frame

For the family vacation this year, my husband's family traveled the nearly 1,000 from Ohio to stay at a beach house in Pensacola, FL.  At the end of our trip, we were perusing the tourist merchandise, and found this:


My MIL liked it, but even at $15, it felt SUPER flimsy.  And we joked about how I could make something better.  

I don't know if what I made is better or not, but it is more personalized...


On a couple different days during vacation, we saw dolphins swimming right off our docks!  The boys jumped in and tried to wade after them...


The next day, we had a rented catamaran and pushing off the beach we spotted the pod again and got chased by a couple of the dolphins - it was only for 10 feet or so, but it was still pretty cool. 



I found the frame at TJ Maxx for less than $5.  Sanded it down, painted it grey and added some sort of poem or saying about moms and family.  Attached the wire dolphin that I hand wove with glass beads, added the picture and here we go.  Mother's Day present.  This is the frame displayed in our house and it *almost* motivates me to make another to keep for myself :)




No comments:

Post a Comment